Outside Work for Pay and Conflicts of Interest
If you wish to submit a request to engage in an outside activity, or if you wish to
disclose a conflict of interest, please click the button below to access OwlExpress
Outside Activities and Conflicts of Interest tool. The tool is located under the Employee
Services tab in OwlExpress.
In accordance with Board of Regents and Kennesaw State University (KSU) policies, employees must avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest regarding their KSU duties. All faculty and staff must obtain the university’s permission before engaging in compensated outside activities that are related to their KSU duties, and for any activities that may interfere with their KSU duties. All faculty and staff who have a real or potential conflict of interest, including personal, financial or professional relationships, must either avoid the conflict, or obtain an approved management plan that properly defines and manages any potential conflicts. This form should be used to fulfill those requirements.
Additional Information and Policies
- Guidelines and Procedures Related to Outside Activities and Conflicts of Interest (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions Related to Outside Activities and Conflicts of Interest (PDF)
- The University System of Georgia (USG) Policy on Personnel Conduct
- Recent Amendments to the USG Policy (PDF)
- Further Guidance and KSU Policy Links (PDF)
If you have questions regarding these policies, please contact KSU’s Internal Audit Department.
Phone: (470) 578-2537